What causes greenish vaginal discharge?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Mon, 4 Jul 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: I been taking the azo pills for urinary tract im down to the last pill an i went to the bathroom and notice a lil green in my discharge this just started happening could it be because the pills i know it turns my urine orange an can make my discharge a lil yellow . But theres a slight green on my underwear .. Not when i wipe. I have no std what could this be.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Likely due to azo

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand your concern.

Green vaginal discharge is present in vaginal infection like Trichomoniasis.
However, Azo can also cause slight changes in the color of discharge.
If there is no itching or irritation in vagina, then it is likely due to azo.
I will suggest you to wait till azo is completed, and then observe the colour of discharge.

If it is still green, then you should get your self examined by an OBGYN specialist.
Hope you found the answer helpful.

Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 3 days later
Everything is back normal .. I just always have a heavy discharge .. I know its not good to douch or use a lot of things to clean myself out instead of letting my body do it on its own . So i might have throwed my ph balance off .
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Should not douche frequently

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear, you should not douche frequently.It
definitely disturbs the normal pH of the vagina and predisposes it to infection.
Dr Deepti Verma