What causes greenish urine and muscle pain post protected sex?

Posted on Wed, 17 Jun 2015 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: A couple days ago I had protected sex and I think she had some type of stds. she said she doesn't but my piss is light green and i'm having some muscle pain. I visited a clinc to get tested today but they said I need to wait like 3 month to have a accurate results. What does light green piss mean.
Answered by Dr. Sheetal Verma 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take a urine test.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for your query at HCM.
I understand your concern and situation.

As you told you are scared that you have acquired some sexually transmitted diseases. Firstly as of now you have no specific symptoms that are suggesting STD. The color change may or may not be related. Therefore at present you can get a urine routine microscopy examination and culture sensitivity test for aerobic and anaerobic bacteria done.

Serological test take 2-3 weeks to give definitive results after development of symptoms. So you must wait until that to get evaluated for gonorrhea, chlamydia, HSV, etc. As for HIV you can get tested by HIV PCR after 6-7 weeks only and again at 12 weeks by 4 th generation ELISA TEST.

Drink plenty of fluids and eat protein rich balanced diet with multivitamins and calcium supplements. You can follow me up with tests.

Hope I answered your query.
If no clarifications then you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Dr. Sheetal Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Sheetal Verma

Infectious Diseases Specialist