What causes green stool in an elderly person?
Possible color from foods or the mouth coloring you used
Thank you for using HCM to post your health query.
I read carefully your question and I understand your concern.
Color in the stool can vary from many causes, normal or not.
You are right to think about things you have eaten because most of the times green foods can make the stool green - green vegetables, green food coloring, such as in flavored drink mixes or ice pops, iron supplements.
Also the green color it is given from the bile, which is a fluid produced by the liver/gallbladder. In this case you should have symptoms like pain in gallbladder, jaundice, fatigue, ect. If you feel fine then don't worry about it.
I will say drink plenty of fluids so the excess color will go away fast, eat fruits and vegetables so the fibers will help the bowel get cleaned fast too.
If worse or not better in 3 days, I would recommend seeing a local doctor.
Hope this is helpful.
Let me know if you need more clarifications.
Otherwise please close and rate the answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes green stool and pepcid ac
- What causes green stool in children
- What causes dark blackish green stool colour
- Fuzzy green stool what causes fuzzy green stool in children
- What is the cause for green stools and flatulence
- What could be the cause of green stool in infant
- What causes lower back pain and green stools
- What causes green stool along with dizziness and sickness
- What causes green stool
- What can cause reccuring green stool in children
- What causes bulge around rectal area that appears post exercise?
- Suggest tests to diagnose herpes infection
- What causes difficulty in losing weight while suffering from blood clot...
- Can Hydroxycut be taken daily along with Metformin?
- Suggest treatment for torn achilles tendon and nerve pain on left foot
- Can Clindamycin cause tendon rupture?
- What causes tender lesions on back spreading towards breast?
- What is low body temperature defined as?
- How long does Morphine remain in the body?
- What causes fever, cough and strange sound while breathing?