What causes green discoloration in stool?
Please follow the explanations below,,,
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read carefully all your concerns and I can say as follows:
1. Green stools are highly associated with diarrhea and loose stools.When stool passes through the intestines rapidly (diarrhea), there may be little time for bilirubin to undergo its usual chemical changes.
You are reporting to have used organic pumpkin seeds, that are highly associated with rapid bowel movement.
2. Otherwise another possible cause of your symptoms may be gastrointestinal infection.But the fact that you don't have any other symptoms like fever, abdominal pain makes GI infection less possible.
So If I were your treating doctor I would recommend stopping organic pumpkin seeds for a couple of days.
If there is no improvement than you should perform fecal exams like fecal culture,candida overgrowth.
Hope it was helpful to you!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes green color stools in children
- What causes green stool and pepcid ac
- What would cause slimy stool discoloration
- What causes green stool in children
- What causes dark blackish green stool colour
- What is the cause for green stools and flatulence
- What could be the cause of green stool in infant
- What causes lower back pain and green stools
- What causes green stool along with dizziness and sickness
- What causes green stool
- Have Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome due to mild lupus. Have...
- Had sinus infection and prescribed with amox clav. Recommended to have...
- Using anti wrinkle cream with Retinol. Lips peeling and crackling....
- What causes feeling of foul taste coming from stomach when i burp?
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain and vomiting post hip surgery
- Is it normal to have spillage from fistulectomy wound?
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain
- What causes dark stools and itchy anus?
- What causes burning in the upper part of throat?
- What does elevated CA level indicate?