What causes green colored urine and feces?

Posted on Tue, 25 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: What would be the cause of green urine and feces?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Diet or medicine side effect likely

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Color of urine and stools is pretty much affected by many thing commonest influence is of food and drinks. At this age side effect of pills can be considered. Along with it , green color can be attributed to the color of bile, a synthetic product from the liver for fats solubilization purposes and also a byproduct of red cells hemolysis that can give stools the color. But out of 10 cases, 8 are influenced by meal, probiotics in your history might have contributed too. Re analyse your diet, there must be something in it that can cause it like spinach, broccoli, too much vegetables or some specific kinds and taste of alcohol or soda or beer. If the color persists, get the stool and urine analysed and tested for the ingredients and we will know for sure what caused it in first place.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please. And please be informed that our guidance is just for education purposes only.
Khan
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan