What causes green colored nasal discharge?
green discharge may occur in allergies or infectio
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
This would be discharge from the sinus passages.
Discharge may be formed due to viral or bacterial infection or allergies.
The discharge can take on a green appearance as a result on interaction between the mucus and the different chemicals involved in the immune response specifically lymphocytes, neutrophils or eosinphils (if more of an allergy).
These are different types of white blood cells. White blood cells are responsible for the body's immune response to infection or inflammation.
Summary: (1)mucous discharge that would have altered appearance due to immune response
(2) it is may be an indicator of allergies or infection (viral or bacterial) but not if any other significant condition
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
yes can occur
Yes, this type of discharge has been seen before though the exact colour may vary from one person to the next.
If you have sinus symptoms then it is a possible infection. As mentioned can occur with allergies or infection (viral or bacterial).
The shape would reflect hardening and molding of the mucus discharge that would have occurred.
Please feel free to ask any thing else
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause and treatment for nasal congestion
- What causes smelly nasal discharge
- What causes deviated nasal septumdns
- What causes post nasal drip
- Post nasal discharge causes
- What causes nasal dryness
- What causes nasal polyps
- Green nasal discharge causes
- What causes sever nasal congestion
- What could cause a nasal drip
- On insulin for diabetes. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. What...
- Having cramps and periods. Took advil. What should I do to get relief...
- I am 20 years old. Trying to increase height. Suggest some medicine
- Having sarcoidosis disease. What happens when they come into contact...
- After waking up there is a loud pop and the hearing improves. Looking...
- Put oxygen in nose during colonoscopy. Started sneezing and runny nose....
- Had intercourse. Getting burning sensation when urinating. What are the...
- what does Minor linear atelectasis and fibrosis posterobasal segment...
- Have blocked bile duct. Scan could not found gall bladder. What is the...
- Ultrasound showed benign cyst in kidney. Blood test showed low vitamin...