What causes grains of food to be stuck on throat?
Could be neurogenic problem or anatomical problems
Thanks for writing in to us at hcm.
This is Dr.Riyanka and I am glad to be helping you with your query.
Nasal Regurgitation usually occurs in various conditions:
1. Neurogenic problems- for example when the vagus nerve is affected . This can be
accompanied with a change in the voice i.e;nasal twang is added to the
2. Certain surgeries like adenoidectomy or tonsillectomy that have altered the
anatomy of that region causing food to enter the nasal cavity.
Kindly consult an otorhinolaryngologist /ENT doctor for further investigations like:
2. Flexible Endoscopy
These investigations will help in diagnosing the underlying problem causing repeated nasal regurgitation.
Hope this answers your query. Don't worry .
Do write back if you have any further doubts.
Get well soon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Food stuck in throat causing dizziness
- What causes strep throat
- Food stuck in throat cause infection
- What causes fell food stuck in throat
- What causes stuck throat tingling face and nose
- What causes a hoarse throat
- Cause of food sitting in throat
- What causes drainage in throat
- What causes a raspy throat
- What causes a feeling like something stuck in throat