What causes grain like discharge from genitals?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Thu, 5 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: For the past 2 days when I'm washing myself in the shower I have found a few small piece of discharge that look like grains of rice. I don't believe I have any other symptoms
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
For now, monitor only!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this discharge and all the inconveniences this must have caused you. I have reviewed this information and at this time it is not specific and not suggestive of any disease condition. All I will recommend is monitoring to obtain more information for diagnosis and treatment. However, most of these non specific observations often resolve spontaneous and do not often need the services of a doctor.

In all, non specific and not very suggestive of a disease condition at this time. I will recommend monitoring alone for now and more aggressive investigations if something else happens like increased volume of discharge, pains or offensive odor.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 3 minutes later
so it is not a symptom directly related to an std?
Brief Answer:
It is not!

Detailed Answer:

This is not directly related to an STD. I will say monitor only and we will gather more information on this at a later date if need be.

Keep me posted for now on how it goes.