What causes giddiness and leg pain on stopping Lonazep?

Dr. Chintan Solanki

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 6 Jan 2015 in Mental Health
Question: Hi..
I had OCD problem..
I used to take Frext 100 ando lonazep 0.25 for a year and then I stop these tablets in XXXXXXX 2014..
My Problem with OCD is fine but I can't understand from sometime I am feeling Giddiness and my legs starts paining immediately..
It's happening very often now ..
I went to Neuro also and all is well..
I am getting disturbed in my daily routine..
I met my doctor and he suggested me to take solzam 5mg..
actually he says maybe because of anxiety and also I have been suggested to try Vertin 24 for a month and see...

Can you please suggest me what will be better because I am bit confused....
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
B12 Deficiency? Please provide details of reports,consult ENT surgeon

Detailed Answer:

I can understand your problem.It is good that you have improved in OCD.

One of the cause your problem might be vitamin B12 deficiency.If serum B12 level is not checked, just go for it.

Please send me details or send pics of all your tests done.

Giddiness can be due to cochlear problem or some neurological problem.For cochlear problem check up you need to consult ENT surgeon.
For neurological check up you have already went to neurophysican so it is not likely.

Yes anxiety can cause such problem but it is related to some stress. Do you have any social,economical or relationship stress?

Have you noticed any improvement with vertin?

Do you have any other symptoms or problems apart from giddiness and leg pain?

Waiting for your reply to help you further.

Dr.Chintan Solanki.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Chintan Solanki 1 hour later
Hi..
Thanks for the reply and advice..
Actually I have not tried any of the one till now...
I had tried lonazep 0.25 for some time..
I felt bit ok for sometime but as I stop again the same...

I have uploaded my reports ..
can you please check and let me know if any other tests are required..

I am thinking to start vertin 24 and evion 400 for sometime..
or shall I start the solzam 5 mg...

Please advice..

Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Go for Serum B12 and vitamin D3 level testing

Detailed Answer:
Hello ,

Thanks for information.I checked your reports.
All were routine investigations and has no significant finding related to your problem.

You should Go for Serum B12 and vitamin D3 level testing as per my opinion.

If you have improvement with lonazep, one possible cause of your problem is anxiety for sure.

Do not take lonazep, solzam or vertin at a time. In my opinion first start vertin only and see the effects. Revert back to me how you feel with that in 3-4 days.You can take evion.

Hope this explanation will be helpful to you,

Dr.Chintan Solanki,
Follow up: Dr. Chintan Solanki 28 minutes later
Hi..
Thanks a lot for your kind advice..
I will surely go for both the tests and start vertin and surely revert you back withiN few days as the report comes ..

Good night..
God bless

Hi..
sorry but I wanted to tell u some symptoms like Gastric and stress are frequent..
I don't have that much stress of business or anything but I think too much for small small things...
One more thing I feel scared to travel in the flight or any closed places I feel like suffocation..
I feel like if I travel I can get suffocating and then I feel very low and depress means like panic attack.

Actually I have travelled a lot but I don't know sometimes why this happens ....
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
May be generalized anxiety disorder

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for important information
The details you mentioned is suggestive of anxiety spectrum disorder with claustophobia.

It may be generalized anxiety disorder or panic disorder. For exact diapasons, detail history and mental status examination are required by a psychiatrist. Your symptoms of giddiness and gastric upset are likely related to this anxiety problem.

You can be helped with MEDICINES like SSRI (Fluoxetine/sertraline/paroxetine), short term course of benzodiazepines (clonazepam,etizolam) and/or PSYCHOTHERAPY- specifically CBT- cognitive behavior therapy. Choice of approach depends on severity of the problem and comfort of yours and your treating psychiatrist.

So After this info I want to change my previous guidance. Do not take vertin right now as mostly it is not going to help. First consult psychiatrist and if he/she wishes to take the same, and then only take otherwise follow his treatment suggested after evaluation.

Hope I have answered your query. If still any query there, I will be happy to answer. If not, you can close the discussion and if feasible give your feedback so I can improve service. In future you can contact me directly if you wish with this link: http://bit.ly/drchintansolanki

Dr.Chintan Solanki.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju