Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

What causes generalised body ache with palpitations?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1774 Questions
Hi I am XXXXXXX I've been having aches an pains just under the buttocks, in the legs, hips, ribs, feet, heart palpatations,itchy nose, headaches, earaches, pains round an behind my eyes an sticky eyes an now the skin round inner bottom of my gums an floor of my mouth is coming lose mainly when I eat some spicey, or chewing gum, or drinking coffee! What could this be plz could you send the answer back to me through this web site because my email account is down at the moment thanks
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Symptoms due to Vitamin deficiency Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Ms XXXXXXX Peeling of mucosa especially after consuming spicy food is likely to be due to stomatitis and glossitis which occurs due to Riboflavin (Vitamin B2 ) deficiency. It can also cause sore feeling. The generalised body ache you are experiencing is also related to nutritional deficiency of micronutrients like Iron and Pyridoxine. Your palpitations if they are persistent will require further evaluation, it's unlikely to be due to significant pathology of heart in view of your young age. I would suggest you the following 1. Consume plenty of oral fluids at least 2 to 3 liter of water per day 2. Oral Multivitamin supplements 3. Avoid Oily and spicy things 4. Local application of Benzocaine Ointment to the oral mucosa will be beneficial 5. Analgesic like Ibuprofen will provide the much needed relief. If the symptoms persists then it's advisable to consult your Physician for further complete evaluation Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS, MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor