What causes fullness feeling under left rib cage and blood in stool?
Needs further investigation to determine cause
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
The fullness feeling you described on the left side can be related to an enlarged spleen or reflux disease / GERD. The blood per rectal with defecation is also not normal. Both these complaints need further workup to determine the cause. An ultrasound abdomen pelvis, blood counts and basic metabolic panel can be advised as part of the investigations. The abdomen should be examined for any splenic enlargement or other abnormal lumps/swellings. Local inspection and Digital rectal examination can be done to look for possible hemorrhoids, anal fissure or an anal mucosa erosion secondary to hard stool/constipation. Stool Routine exam and for ova and parasite should also be done. You may discuss these options with your doctor.
Wishing you best of health
Let me know if you have any query
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes flutter under right rib cage
- Duodenitis causing pain under left rib cage
- What causes pain under the right rib cage
- Feeling of fullness under left rib cage
- What causes cramps in rib cage
- What is the cause of rib cage sensitivity
- What causes muscle spasms under rib cage
- What is causing tenderness and discomfort under rib cage
- What causes soreness in rib cage
- What causes movement under rib cage