What causes frequent urination?

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Thu, 19 Jul 2018 in General Health
Question: what cause is making me urinate every 2 hours every night
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs ultrasound prostate and sugar levels monitoring

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, you need to rule out any signs of increased prostate size causing obstruction on urethra and leading to inadequate bladder emptying and collection of residual urine. A baseline ultrasound prostate as well as post void urine volume should be calculated.

Urinalysis to rule out any signs of urinary tract infection should also be looked for and if suspected urine culture and antibiotics may be needed.

Meanwhile sugar levels should also he looked for alongwith serum and urinary sodium levels to rule out any endocrine causes of such symptoms.

Avoid fluids and liquids at night post dinner and avoid caffeine and other diuretics beverages.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your query. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T