Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes frequent urination?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I have been having urgent frequent urination and have noticed when I urinate, my penis is turning purple and feels a little warm. Purple is not there if not urinating.
Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to consult qualified Urologist for examination .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Frequent urination and urgency for urination that you have is mostly to be due to Enlarged prostate which is common at this age .

Consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Serum PSA.

Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

Purple color of penis while passing urine is due to congestion and not to be worried for .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.