Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes frequent urination?

Excellent

Urologist
Question
Hi just needed help. Ive to go to loo quite often. I do drink water a lot but my frequency of going loo is high. Do i need to go for any test. Pls assist. Thanks.

Posted Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Naveen Poola 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, you need test.

Detailed Answer:

Thank You for consulting HealthcareMagic!

Yes, you need test. Most probably your symptoms may be due to urinary tract infection. Firstly, you need a complete urine examination with which we can identify whether it is due to urinary tract infection. If this is positive you may need sensitive antibiotic course. If negative, further investigation with ultrasound etc are needed.

Stay healthy and thank you for consulting! You can contact me again anytime, if you need clarifications or further assistance in future. Kindly rate the answer if you are satisfied.