What causes frequent urination?

Question
I AM A 79 YEAR OLD MALE AND I FEEL THAT I HAVE TO PEE EVERY 10 MINUTES
Posted Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Elderly Problems

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Probably a urinary tract infection!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this frequent urination urge. Considering the short duration of your symptoms, it is suggestive of an acute urinary tract infection. If symptoms had been going on for long, it would have been more suggestive of a prostate pathology and this is simply not the case.

I will suggest that you talk to your doctor about this. he would probably get your urine examined and treat with antibiotics. Also, he would look for possible predisposing factors and managed accordingly if any to prevent future recurrences.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarification if need be.