What causes frequent urination?
2. I doubt about on myself if i am diabetic but frequent urination(every 3-4 hours in a day and middle of night once) is only symptom and i found nothing else.
3. If a person is diabetic and not treated how many times per day he will urinate????.
?? diabetes, urine infection, etc.
Hello sir and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help.
1. Your symptom is called polyuria, and among a few conditions that can cause this symptoms, diabetes is certainly one of them sir. In diabetes, along with polyuria you will also have polydipsia (increase thirst). If at all this is an infection then you should have other symptoms like:
-Burning while urinating
-Less amount of urine being passed
-Increased urge to urinate
-Itching around genitals (sometimes)
-Lower abdominal pain or back pain
I would recommend urine analysis and a glycaemic profile (including HbA1c) investigations sir.
2. If at all this is the only symptom, then a glycaemic profile would be a must sir
3. There is no specific number for this sir. It is just an increased number of times as compared to normal.
I would strongly recommend you to visit your doctor and go about the above mentioned investigations sir. I hope you find my response helpful sir. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you sir.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the underlying causes for frequent urination
- What causes frequent urination at bedtime
- What is the cause of weakness and frequent urination
- What is the cause for headaches and frequent urination
- What poison causes frequent urination
- What is the cause for pressure that causes frequent urination
- What are the causes of frequent urination at night
- What is the cause and treatment for frequent urination
- What could be the cause of frequent urination
- What are the causes for frequent urination in children