What causes frequent urination?
Prostate enlargement, meet urologist
Is it frequent urination or defecation? It is not clear.
With what the information you had given I could think of frequent urination, I can genuinely think of prostate problem for your father. It is extremely common at his age. The symptoms are suggesting so.
There are certain drugs which help him deal with prostate enlargement and high BP like Terazosin etc. See a Urologist for the symptoms he has because of prostate.
They are fragile
The health of an individual at this age with chronic medical problems can go fragile at any time. So we will not be able to figure out the real cause that precipitated the illness. It could be mood problem, fluctuations in BP, release of clot, minor stroke, infection etc.
So it requires detailed evaluation to ascertain one of the above.
I am sorry for a delayed reply. I had no access to internet for 3 days. Your father's urine report shows normal.
He needs an urinary antibiotic plus Tamsulosin kind of medications. These are prescription based medications. I cannot prescribe these medicines without examination. I suggest your father to see a local practitioner with my opinion here. He can prescribe you these medicines that are needed for travel.
Hope this helps
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the underlying causes for frequent urination
- What causes frequent urination at bedtime
- What is the cause of weakness and frequent urination
- What is the cause for headaches and frequent urination
- What poison causes frequent urination
- What is the cause for pressure that causes frequent urination
- What are the causes of frequent urination at night
- What is the cause and treatment for frequent urination
- What could be the cause of frequent urination
- What are the causes for frequent urination in children