What causes frequent urination?
All morning I have been having to go to the toilet for urination with a full bladder - every 30 -40 minutes, which is very unusual for me. And in the last hour have had some dizzy spells as well. I am 41 year old male in reasonably good health usually. Anything I should be concerned about?
may be an infection- most common cause
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Frequent urination can be related to: (1)urinary tract infection- this can affect any aspect of the urinary tract ( urethra, bladder, ureter, kidneys, prostate). This is the most common cause
(2) enlarged prostate- in this case however the symptoms should be acute but there should be a previous history
(4)side effect of medication
(6)mass or stone in the urinary tract
You may want to consider a visit to your doctor for a urine test. This in office test would be able to determine if there is any evidence of infection. Your doctor may also suggest a sample of urine be sent to the lab for analysis because this can give more definitive answers.
Antibiotics would be given if infection is confirmed.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the underlying causes for frequent urination
- What causes frequent urination at bedtime
- What is the cause of weakness and frequent urination
- What is the cause for headaches and frequent urination
- What poison causes frequent urination
- What is the cause for pressure that causes frequent urination
- What are the causes of frequent urination at night
- What is the cause and treatment for frequent urination
- What could be the cause of frequent urination
- What are the causes for frequent urination in children