What causes frequent urination?
Possible urinary tract infection...
Using bathroom to urinate constantly is indicative for urinary tract infection. I understand that it is an annoying situation. Once you get proper treatment, you won't have such problems.
I suggest to run further exams :
- urine analysis
- urine culture and sensitivity testing
- abdominal ultrasound
- vaginal swab testing
Usually, urinary tract infection are also associated with vaginal infection, that's why vaginal swab testing is necessary.
Once you get your lab results, you might need to start oral antibiotics, and if any vaginal infection, your doctor will prescribe vaginal suppositories. If no infection, it might be related to stress or foods/drinks you take.
Meanwhile, I advise to:
- avoid coffee, carbonated, citrus, energetic drinks as they might aggravate the symptoms
- take otc urine pH alkalinizers (antacids)
- avoid salty foods; carbonated drinks
- avoid fried/processed foods
- avoid/limit coloring foods/drinks
- try to stop smoking
- keep a good hygiene of you genitalia
Hope it was of help! Let me know if you have further questions!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the underlying causes for frequent urination
- What causes frequent urination at bedtime
- What is the cause of weakness and frequent urination
- What is the cause for headaches and frequent urination
- What poison causes frequent urination
- What is the cause for pressure that causes frequent urination
- What are the causes of frequent urination at night
- What is the cause and treatment for frequent urination
- What could be the cause of frequent urination
- What are the causes for frequent urination in children