What causes frequent urination while suffering from hemorrhoids?
better to find the severity, causes and to get proper treatment
Thanks for your query.
To recapitulate and simplify the matters: Female/ 45 - using preparation H for Hemorrhoids - hard to clean - sometimes they bleed too - also have feeling like need to urinate a lot - no UTI on tests and no burning - wants to know whether urination is a symptom ...
You have 3 issues:
1. related to hemorrhoids and
2. Frequent urination.
3. any co-relation?
1. Hemorrhoids - which bleed, make cleaning difficult must be large enough, preparation H may not work at all and you need the following:
- Clinical evaluation, actual examination by per-rectal examination, Proctoscopy to start with to know any associated problems like proctitis and to know the grades of hemorrhoids.
This will give an idea and a plan for its proper treatment to get a cure.
- Colonoscopy must be done in all patients having such problem at your age.
- Yes, the cleaning is very difficult in large prolapsed hemorrhoids; this itself is one of the indications for an active treatment and may be surgery is required.,
2. Tested for UTI- negative reports, no burning or any other symptoms.
Once may expect some problems at your age. The commonest is a presence of a Cystocele with uterine prolapse and rectocele too.
I would advise you to get clinical evaluation actual per-vaginal and per-speculum examination to see for the prolapse of the uterus, cystocele and rectocele.
Per-vaginal ultrasound also helps to give more information. This is very useful tool to get to the diagnosis.
- Examination of the blood, urine and stool to rule out diabetes, kidney/ liver functions, re-examination of the urine for microscopy, culture and sensitivity.
- Ultrasonography of the abdomen for genitourinary symptoms.
3. Correlation between the 2 points as discussed above; not much of importance. More important is to find the causes, severity and get the most proper treatment.
I hope you are not in the peri-menopausal period. Hormonal changes can cause some problems mimic the present ones.
I hope this answer helps you. Please feel free to ask for more if you need to or if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the underlying causes for frequent urination
- What causes frequent urination at bedtime
- What is the cause of weakness and frequent urination
- What causes frequent urination while on depo
- What is the cause for headaches and frequent urination
- What are the causes of frequent urination at night
- What is the cause and treatment for frequent urination
- Can hemorrhoids cause frequent urination
- What could be the cause of frequent urination
- What are the causes for frequent urination in children