What causes frequent urination while on Cilacar?
Never had BP problem. cropped up from XXXXXXX - 16. My Bp now 120/76 since last 10 days.
Experiencing frequent urinate since under cilacar c medication and the situation remains same with cilacar 10.
My blood test normal. ECG / ECO / TMT normal. FFT normal.
TSH normal. try glycerides - on little higher side.
Side effect of Cilacar C
Hello Mr. XXXX,
Cilacar c tab has a combination cilnidipine 10 mg, chlortalidone 6.25 mg. The former is a normal blood pressure generic and is effective, the latter also has a diuretic which reduces the blood pressure by removing excess water from the body via urine. Hence you were experiencing urination.
However the problem will settle down with time as you are now changed to Cilacar 10mg which is only calcium channel blocker and effective in reducing the BP. Generally diuretics are not recommended in the first instances for men who are above 50 yrs of age because of their inherent prostate enlargement which increases urination at night and thereby cause sleep disturbances. They may be added at a later encounter if the calcium channel blocker (CILACAR 10) does not bring in necessary control.
I think you can just go ahead with CILACAR 10 and your urination side effect will reduce on its own in 10 days. If not you should get another evaluation by Urologist for prostate enlargement.
I hope this answers your query,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the underlying causes for frequent urination
- What causes frequent urination at bedtime
- What is the cause of weakness and frequent urination
- What causes frequent urination while on depo
- What is the cause for headaches and frequent urination
- What poison causes frequent urination
- What are the causes of frequent urination at night
- What is the cause and treatment for frequent urination
- What could be the cause of frequent urination
- What are the causes for frequent urination in children