Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes frequent urination when diagnosed with prostate infection?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
if I had a prostate infection even years ago, am I more likely to have another? I am experiencing blood in my ejaculate and weaken and frequent urination and similar but not as severe and its not constant, it comes and goes...
Sat, 9 Jun 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to investigate

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts that you have posted you have noticed blood in your ejaculate due to repeated infection of prostate (Prostatitis).

Consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Serum PSA.
4) Semen examination and Semen culture .

Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

In the mean time start taking Antibiotics like Doxicycline twice daily and later on switch on to appropriate antibiotic as per culture report.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.