What causes frequent urination in a child?
Needs work up for thyroid and diabetes insipidus
Hi.... by what you quote I feel that your son will require work up for thyroid status which can cause such a sudden increase in weight by what I mean thyroid status is hypothyroidism or low thyroid hormones being produced in the body for various reasons.
The reason for increased frequency of urine could be due to a disease state called diabetes insipidus. This could be either central or related to brain or peripheral... Related to kidneys.
But considering both putting on weight and increased frequency of urination, I feel it could be a central cause.
I suggest you consult with your pediatric Endocrinologist for this.
He will require further work up of hormonal status and departure even an MRI brain.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the underlying causes for frequent urination
- What causes frequent urination at bedtime
- What is the cause of weakness and frequent urination
- What is the cause for headaches and frequent urination
- What causes sore belly and frequent urination in a child
- What poison causes frequent urination
- What are the causes of frequent urination at night
- What is the cause and treatment for frequent urination
- What could be the cause of frequent urination
- What are the causes for frequent urination in children