What causes frequent urination in a chid?
Swimming could be the reason
Hi...Thanks for consulting on health care magic.
I am glad to hear that you have ruled out reasonably, urinary infection/ early onset diabetes/ renal tubular acidosis (no excessive thirst). I am also very happy that you saved my time in taking a detailed history by mentioning that off late he has been swimming.
Any measure that lowers the body temperature is bound to cause more urination and drinking of juices will add on to the body fluids which have to come out if in excess. Swimming definitely lowers the body temperature and there by will cause the effect of excess urination.
If your son is hale and healthy and there is nothing else except voiding frequently, I suggest you be rest assured. Rash over the back also favors that it could be due to swimming.
But what you can do to find out if we are on the right path is - stop swimming for a couple of weeks and we will observe if the voiding frequency and rash will come down or not.
Happy to help anytime and I am open for further queries if you have any.
Regards - Dr. XXXXXXX Amperayani MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the underlying causes for frequent urination
- What causes frequent urination at bedtime
- What is the cause of weakness and frequent urination
- What is the cause for headaches and frequent urination
- What poison causes frequent urination
- What is the cause for pressure that causes frequent urination
- What are the causes of frequent urination at night
- What is the cause and treatment for frequent urination
- What could be the cause of frequent urination
- What are the causes for frequent urination in children