What causes frequent urination despite taking Bumetanide?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Sep 2017
Sep 2017

Pulmonologist
Question
I am taking double doses of Bumetanide twice a day ,urinating large volumes but still swollen. What can I do. This has been going on for a few weeks. Shortness of breath,not pain. Sometimes weak legs but also have back problems. Using Asmanex Twist inhaler,2 puffs one time per day. Excessive quick weight gain,can't sleep.
Wed, 9 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Add another diuretic.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on HealthcareMagic.
I can understand your concern.
If double dose of bumetanide is not working, we should add another strong diuretic like frusemide or aldectone.
Strict fluid restriction to less than 1. 2 liter is advisable.
If still you worsen then Intravenous diuretics is needed.
Serum protein level and hemoglobin should be checked because hypoproteinemia and anemia can also cause worsening pedal edema.
Please let me know
1. What is your 2d echo report?
2. Have you ever undergone serum protein level?
Please reply me answers of above asked questions, so that I can guide you better. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.