What causes frequent urination, constant pressure in urethra and back pain?

Dr. Matthew J. Mangat

Urologist

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi I thought I had a water infection last Tuesday peeing a lot and pressure to pee a little, I drunk loads of water and done a urine sample at the doctors Wednesday afternoon. Had a bit of pinky discharge too. Was given 2 different antibiotics and I was sick on the 2 of them. Went back yesterday as I have back pain and still a little bit of bloody mucus ( I think this is coming from my cervix) no smell with discharge. I was given amoxcilling and told to check today for the cultures from water sample. Was told no infection I told them I still have a little bleeding and bad back ache ( I also done another water sample yesterday which was dark and doctor said didn't look right that's why I'm on antibiotics until these other tests come back tomorrow . Could it still be a uti or something else really worried as I'm going on holiday on Saturday. Going back to gp tomorrow.
Answered by Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
UTI is possible. Gynec check-up needed.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX and welcome to HCM.
As an Urologist, let me assure you, there's no need to worry.
But certainly, residual UTI is very likely.
However, you need to have a gynecologist examination, as you're having bloody mucus discharge from cervical area.
Also, an ultrasound scan of the abdomen and pelvis is advisable.
Better drink 8-10 glasses of liquids daily.
Complete the course of antibiotics as advised.
Wish you a speedy recovery and have an enjoyable holiday.
Follow up: Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 2 days later
Hi
The other test back still no culture, blood in urine. Been on amoxocillin for 4/12 days was better yesterday but today it's back still want to pee every 5 mins and back ach! Feel like cancelling my holiday this Saturday as don't want to go away Ill. Drunk 2 teas and 1 coffee today think this has brought it on again. Has swabs done to see where the bleeding is nothing from the cervix they think. constantly want to pee is this at uti ??
Answered by Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Good, you're not travelling.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again.
It's a good decision, not to travel, when you have medical issues.
Let me advise you, that a swab isn't a substitute for a proper gynecologist, per vaginal examination.
Also, drinking tea and coffee are harmless.
You've probably, an infection focus inside.
Switch to Ciprofloxacin, twice daily for better results.
You must get your ultrasound scan done.
Wish you good health.

Follow up: Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 24 minutes later
Hi if the ciro helps could I go on Sunday early hours, no discharge or bleeding just want to pee today all the time. This started 10 days ago after intercourse on a full bladder and I didn't empty it till the morning after. Got a sore vulva too. Do you think it's gynaecologist and not a water infection? Thanks for your answers
Answered by Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nothing like a medical check-up.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again.
Water is never treatment for a UTI.
A gynec. check-up will give you an expert opinion, about your problem.
After a medical check-up, you can have peace of mind.
Wish you well.