What causes frequent urination and white specks in urine?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Thu, 2 Mar 2017 in Men's Health
Question: Sperm like substance in boxers after i wee and also comstant urge to wee any ideas
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Further details needed.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your query but would need you to elaborate upon the problem. By 'sperm like substance' do you mean that semen is coming out after you pass urine? Please elaborate upon it and also mention how long it has been occurring. Furthermore, please confirm whether you mean that you have a frequent urge to pass urine? Based on that I will guide you further.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 minutes later
Hello yes constant urge to wee even if i have just been ... the sperm like substance kind of like snot only comes out a drop after i pass urine ... ot started a few weeks ago then it went away when o stopped stressing then i had a panic attack now its back thabjs
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get your urine tested

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. I would insist you to get a routine microscopy and culture sensitivity of your urine done. Also collect the substance that appears at the end and get a microscopy of the same done. Interventions can be planned based on the findings.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 6 minutes later
I have had std tests swab under microscope and two uti tests and one tht was sent off to grow all negative thabks
Brief Answer:
Depends upon the parameters

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. I am not talking about STDs. I am talking about what stuff is made of. If the thick drop after passing urine contains no sperms, I would consider it nothing to worry about. It is possibly the mucoid content that is making it appear thick and 'sperm like'.

I was also interested in the specific gravity of the urine. If it is normal, there is nothing to bother about.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 25 minutes later
Yes the urine comes out fine and have no pain just the urge to go seems to gave got better worhnplenty of fluid intake o was worried it could be mycoplasma genataloum
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry.

Detailed Answer:
If it was Mycoplasma it would have been detected in the urine microscopy. Since that is not the case you need not worry.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 49 minutes later
Thank you for re assuring me i see online that the only test is a pcr test ? Also could anxiety and stress be causing my symptoms
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Try to relax

Detailed Answer:
Stress and anxiety could definitely be contributing to your symptoms.
You need to relax.
I do not think that you need to get a PCR done.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 minute later
Thank you :) really putting my mind at rest
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Glad to be of service

Detailed Answer:
Feel free to ask me back in case of any further queries. I would be there to assist you.

Thank you im still sligtly worried as it is happenign everytkme i wee
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You need not worry.

Detailed Answer:
Had there been anything worth worrying, it would have been detected in the tests.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 5 minutes later
Thank you how acurate are the tests ? It was sent on monday for bacteria to grow and had the results wednesday
Brief Answer:
Reliable

Detailed Answer:
The tests are reliable.
A culture takes about 5 days and if still there is no growth you can assume it to be negative.