What causes frequent urination and pus cells in urine?
Urinary tract infections
Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for coming to HealthCareMagic. It sounds like your mother will have to be put on course of antibiotics. Unfortunately urinary tract infections are pretty common in this age group. But if they become very frequent (more than 4-5 times in a year, then we will need to look further into the cause of the infection.
Hope this helps, feel free to follow-up,
Broad Spectrum Antibiotics
Well, for a person with no kidney problems and no allergies to medications, I would recommend a course of Levaquin, 500mg twice a day for 7 days. If she has any other medical issues though, let me know, might need to rethink the prescription.
Let me know
Ok, let me know how it goes.
Cifran is Ciprofloxacin, another broad spectrum
Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for following up. Cifran is Ciprofloxacin, another broad spectrum antibiotic. It should hopefully be effective in the management of the UTI. Lets finish the course and see how she is. If the symptoms persist then we will re-evaluate her situation and decide where to go from there. Just make sure she finishes the full course of Cifran.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the underlying causes for frequent urination
- What causes frequent urination at bedtime
- What is the cause of weakness and frequent urination
- What is the cause for headaches and frequent urination
- Ginger cause frequent urinate
- What poison causes frequent urination
- What are the causes of frequent urination at night
- What is the cause and treatment for frequent urination
- What could be the cause of frequent urination
- What are the causes for frequent urination in children
- Can I take Garcinia Cambogia with Atenolol hctz and Xanax?
- Suggest treatment for seizure disorder which causes seizures around the...
- What causes change in skin color?
- Suggest treatment for pill stuck in the throat
- Does therapy helps with nerve conduction?
- Suggest treatment for snoring problem
- What causes hair fall and weight gain?
- What causes sudden loss of mobility in legs?
- What does my MRI results indicate?
- Suggest supplement to cope up with side effects of Gabapentin