Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes frequent urination and pain above the pubic area?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1969
Answered : 2440 Questions
Frequent urination, pain above pubic area female, incontinence and completly clear urnian not because drinking a lot
Mon, 28 May 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 2 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query on HCM

"As"per your clinical history is concerned please follow like this -

1)Do check your urine to ruled out any infection and do one [cytoscopy] by your treating urologist to know the exact pathological cause.

2)If cause is bacterial infection then discuss with your treating Doctor about a course of antibiotics if no bacterial infection present then treatment will be as per exact findings in clinical examination[Cytoscopy]

Do take few preventive steps like this fr future-

1)Try to drink plenty of liquids, especially water.

2)Urinate frequently. If you feel the urge to urinate, don't delay using the toilet.

3)Try to wipe from front to back after a bowel movement. This prevents bacteria in the anal region from spreading to the vagina and urethra.

4)Try to use showers rather than tub baths. If you're susceptible to infections, showering rather than bathing may help prevent them.

5)Try to gently wash the skin around the vagina and anus. Do this daily, but don't use harsh soaps or wash too vigorously. The delicate skin around these areas can become irritated.

6)Empty your bladder as soon as possible after intercourse. Drink a full glass of water to help flush bacteria.

7)Try to avoid using deodorant sprays or feminine products in the genital area. These products can irritate the urethra and bladder.

Hope that helps
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor