What causes frequent urination and numbness in the pelvic area?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi Dr.

It started with navel pain and frequent urination. Done urine and blood examination. Puss cell 2-3 hpf, epithelial cell 3-5 hpf. Blood exam only mch is 26 picograms rest is fine. Taking norflox 400 since 3 days. Urine frequency is 15 times and feeling tired and pain and numbness in left pelvic area. Is it uti? Or need more tests?? Before 1 yr polypectomy was done and have pcod
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You have UTI.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have UTI

Get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.

Take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefixime along with urinary antiseptic like
Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Pain in pelvic area can be either due to stone in ureter or any ovarian pathology .Doing Ultrasound Scanning of abdomen will help to rule out stone in kidney or ureter or pin point diagnosis ..

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
I have had norflox for 3 days.. course is five days. shall I stop it and start taking cefixime
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Continue with Norflox for two days

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

Continue taking Norflox for two mare days and switch on to Cefexime or appropriate antibiotic as per culture report .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 2 days later
hi Dr.. my urine culture report is sterile. Will it be false report since I took norflox. I met a gynaec and on ciplox and urispa since 14th. but still pain in right pelvic side radiating to leg still there. tiredness is too much. if it's urinary infection it should b little better by now right?? pls advise
Brief Answer:
Continue taking antibiotic along with pain killer like Diclofenac

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.

The Pain in pelvic area can be either due to stone in ureter or any ovarian pathology .Doing Ultrasound Scanning of abdomen will help to rule out stone in kidney or ureter or pin point diagnosis .

Till then continue taking Norflox along with Diclofenac twice daily .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.