What causes frequent urination and leakage of mucus from anus while urinating?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Thu, 5 Nov 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: for a number of days now,my bladder urges me to relieve itself and at the same time,there is a slimy liquid emanating from my rectum.not once only but everytime I urinate ! I am a Diabetic type 2 for years now and used to getting up several times to urinate during the nite or daytimes ,however,this bowel movement in addition really is something new.Also.once or twice my 'leaking gut"discharges itself violently and urgently often quite unannounced.much to my embarrassment.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be due to weak anal sphincter muscle

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have urgency to pass urine and there is a leakage of mucus from anus every time when you urinate

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1)Is your diabetes is under control ?
2) Have you ever consulted general surgeon or Proctologist for per rectal examination ?

The leakage of mucus from anus during urination is due to two factors
1)Both the sphincters i.e ,anal sphincter and Sphincter of urethra have same nerve innervation by Pudendal nerve ,hence when the sphincter of urethra gets relaxed as it happens while passing urine the anal sphincter also relaxes making way for thin mucus to leak out through anus .

2) In old age anal sphincter becomes lax and it's tone is reduced so it opens up even with slight increase in intra abdominal pressure while passing urine causing leakage of thin mucus through anus.

You need to consult qualified Proctologist for digital rectal examination to assess the tone of anal sphincter.

Doing Kegel's exercises and perineal exercises thrice daily will help to increase the tone of the sphincters and will help to resolve the issue .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 9 hours later
MANY THANKS FOR YOUR ADVISE.IN REPLY TO YOUR QUESTION NO.1 RE.Diabetic control,I must honestly admit to having a fluctuation control.meaning every morning it is different but always between 5.5 to 11.4 depending on when and what I ate the late evening before.IN the morning,I inject regularly 52 units insulin also.
Q.2.No I never in my long life had to consult any of the specialists you mentioned.

RE.my important appointment this morning.I am pleased to report,that the dose of active charcoal capsules I'd prescribed myself had done their job .Meeting went without interuptions.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Proper control of Diabetes is mandatory

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up and feedback .

You need to see that you monitor your sugar levels at home and adjust the dose of insulin as per needs to keep your diabets well controlled .

Doing exercises suggested in my earlier reply will definitely help you to resolve the symptoms .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Please Sir, I have no knowledge ofthoseexercises you recommended.What are they or where can I find information about these ?
Many thanks
XXXX
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can find information on internet

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .
Information about these exercises are available on internet ,

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.