What causes frequent urination and feeling of incomplete emptying of bladder, and how can it be treated?
Over the past 6 months I've noticed that I have trouble emptying my bladder fully when I urinate leading to frequent uniation. Also, Ive noticed occsionally when i ejaculate my seamen is brownish, and have more trouble achieving an orgasam with my wife. The only Rx I take is Pravastatin sodium 40 mg. When i mentioned this to my Doctor during my last phycal my PSA test (was normal), tested for several STD (negative). What should I do?
Need to consult qualified Urologist.
Thanks for query.
Based on the facts that you have posted increased frequency for urination and sensation of incomplete emptying of bladder that you have is most likely to be due to enlarged Prostate which needs to be confirmed by doing relevant investigations.
Consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Serum PSA.
In the mean while start taking antibiotic like Ciprofloxacin and Nitrofurantoin twice daily along with Tamsulosin once daily.
Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. P. T. Patil,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the underlying causes for frequent urination
- What causes frequent urination at bedtime
- What is the cause of weakness and frequent urination
- What is the cause for headaches and frequent urination
- Frequent urination problem emptying bladder
- What poison causes frequent urination
- What are the causes of frequent urination at night
- What is the cause and treatment for frequent urination
- What could be the cause of frequent urination
- What are the causes for frequent urination in children