What causes frequent urination and burning in a person with enlarged prostate?
a urinary tract infection is likely
Urinary tract symptoms with increased frequency and burning are usually caused by lower urinary tract infections (other causes are also possible though). The infection usually involves either the bladder or the prostate. If you also had flank pain then obstruction of the urinary tract would also be a potential cause. A urinalysis should make things more clear. An ultrasound scan of the urinary tract is recommended as well.
Urinary tract infections are treated with antibiotics. Since your symptoms are very suggestive of prostate involvement the duration of the treatment should be at least 10-14 days.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Enlarged prostate with bilirubin in urine
- Causes of enlarged prostate gland
- Enlarged prostate cause foamy urine
- What causes blood in urine when suffering from enlarged prostate
- What causes an enlarged prostate after an angioplasty
- Enlarged prostate causes
- What causes an enlarged prostate
- Is urine smell in skin caused due to enlarged prostate
- Anxiety and panic attacks frequent urination slightly enlarged prostate
- Mold cause of enlarged prostate