• question-icon

What causes frequent urination along with pain in the lower abdomen and groin?

Posted on Wed, 26 Jul 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I have had bronchitis following a respiratory infection. The bronchitis has lasted 3 weeks with constant productive coughing. Last night I took two tylenol 3's to help with the cough. After I took the 3's I Noticed some pain on my sides. After the typical urinary retention that is common of opioids I have started frequently urinating clear with more volume than typical. This returned to normal today until a few hours ago and it is happening again. There is an intermittent pain on my groin area to my lower abs it feels like a tube or vein pulsing as it only lasts for half a second. I am concerned I have some horrible disease like septiciema that is slowly spreading. Alot of that is due to me being a hypochondriac.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to consult Urologist

Detailed Answer:
hello
Thanks for query .

Frequent urination with pain in lower abdomen and groin could be mostly due to either UTI may be associated with urinary stone and needs to be investigated .

Consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis

In the meanwhile you can stat taking antibiotic like Cefixime and Nitrofurantoin twice daily along with urinary antispasmodic like Flavoxate thrice daily .

Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 6 minutes later
Is there any explanation as to why it is clear? I am worried that my body is not filtering out what it needs to and tries to compensate with more volume. Is it normal for it to be cyclical?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Large voume of urine may be the reason for it being clear

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

Urine is clear if the volume is large .Routine examination of urine and culture would help to establish diagnosis .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist