What causes frequent urge to urinate when suffering from hemorrhoids?

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Lump
Question: I am a 29 year old female with hemorrhoids sometimes I get the urge to pee and feel gassy the urge to urinate will not go away until I pass gas, take gas x or have a bowel movement usually all three result in me urinating a little and feeling disappearing is this normal? What could be wrong?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Please note that the bladder is in the close neighborhood to the large intestine and small intestines. So large, bloated intestine can cause such feeling due to compression on the bladder. The point is why you get this bloating.
There might be few reasons including bacterial infection, bad diet or partial bowels obstruction.
I suggest you to start with diet improvement. Please increase fiber rich products, mineral water intake and start probiotic supplementation. If this wont help, consult your doctor. Stool tests should be done as well as abdominal ultrasound. Colonoscopy should be considered.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 15 minutes later
Thanks for your answer since its not painful and it doesnt happen often maybe once a month I will blame it on diet Ive alreay had stool test no blood so Im sure I just need more fiber thanks for your answer
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
.

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome. Hope you will get well soon.