What causes frequent urge to urinate and painful urination?

Dr. Rudina Balliu

Posted on Fri, 10 Mar 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Approximately 2 days ago I began having sudden urges to urinate almost every hour. It is now mildly painful when I urinate. I also have a mild pain in my lower right back side at about belt level. Last night I began feeling feverish, there was pain behind my eyes and a mild dizziness. Please advise on what you believe the problem may be. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Rudina Balliu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible kidney infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello ! Thank you for using Health Care Magic.
I have gone through your question and I understand your concern.

It could be a Urinary Tract infection and the fever , paim in lower back sign ,shows that the infection has reached the kidneys , you need to start antibiotic treatment immediately
You need to go to the hospital to do a urine test,blood test to confirn the diagnosis ,find out the type of bacteria and start the treatment .
Drink planty of water (stay hydrated ).

Hope this is helpful.
Let me know if you have any further questions.,I will be happy to help.
Take Care !
Dr Balliu.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T