What causes frequent sore throat and cough?
I am also a vocal singer and have realized when I take Montek LC my voice is clear and I can do my regular practice. If I discontinue, my voice gets starting to choke.
My question is: can I take Montek LC on a permanent basis or it would have a side effect on my health.
Thanks & regards
Long term side effects are not reported with Montek in many studies
Thank you for the query.
To answer to the point, Monteleukast (Montek) can be taken without major side effects as a safe long term treatment. Many studies have reported its safely on long term use. However Monteleukast is not helpful for acute episodes. In my opinion I suggest to take Monteleukast alone and not combine with Levocetrizine (LC) on a long term to prevent allergy episodes. During acute episodes you can take what your allergist prescribes like Levocetrizine or Cetrizine along with other symptomatic treatment.
Hope this gives you required information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sore throat headache cough
- Sore throat 965 cough
- What is the remedy for a sore throat and cough
- Sore throat and coughing allergies
- Frequent sore throats and fevers
- Sore throat hoarseness cough
- Persistent sore throat and cough
- Recurring sore throat and cough
- What causes sore throat and cough
- Frequent sore throat and headache
- Suggest treatment for hernia and tingling senstion
- What causes excessive sweating?
- What causes dark color bleeding after taking unwanted 72?
- Is pachkarma treatment effective in treatment of DVT?
- Does nicotine cause chest pain?
- What causes tremors in hands and dizziness despite having high BP?
- What causes white coating on tongue?
- What causes black specks in stool?
- What does a black spot on palm indicate?
- What causes difficulty walking after having Bactrim DS?