What causes frequent sinus pressure and headache on cloudy days?
It doesn't really bother me, but I get my relief from a single dose of pseudoephedrine and sometimes with Tylenol.
What I notice is simply the increased frequency. Whereas it used to be occasionally, now it can be at least twice a week. And one dose of pseudoephedrine takes care of it.
Could you explain the possible causes of the increased frequency?
It's due to changes in air pressure
Sinus pain is quite common in cloudy days due to changes in air pressure. It is also associated with sinus inflammation, explaining why decongestant like pseudoephedrine helps.
If the pain is temporary and well managed by using OTC painkillers (e.g. acetaminophen or ibuprofen), and if the sinus inflammation is relieved by using nasal decongestant, then it's only due to changes in air pressure that could more often where you live.
Otherwise, if the pain will persist after raining is over, then should get checked by ENT specialist.
Hope it answered to your questions.
For that, could be various factors like:
- perhaps you just let it happen without asking as you're doing now
- not a precise inner cause other than cloudy weather
I still think to get your nasal cavity and sinuses checked by ENT specialist. Perhaps might be suffering of sinus infection more often than in the past.
Hope it answered your question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes calf pain with sinusitis and headaches
- Can sinusitis cause headaches
- Sinus headache causes
- What causes sinus pressure headaches
- What causes sinus headache while taking levocetirizine
- What causes sinus pressure in forehead
- Sinus bradycardia causing headache
- Can dry sinuses cause headaches
- Does sinus pressure causes giddiness and headaches
- What is the cause for frequent headache
- May have a mild attack of gout. Red and swollen. Uric acid was slightly...
- Over weight. Having lot of hair on face. What can be wrong?
- What are the chances of getting diabetes for a person having chronic...
- Child having hair loss, unable to gain weight and sweating. Had a blood...
- Took 5 mg of propranolol. Will there be any side effects?
- Itching sensation all over body. Noticed blood under tongue. Are they...
- Having mild to moderate pain after root canal treatment. Could this be...
- Have diarrhoea and diagnosed with Cryptosporidiosis. Anything serious?
- Pain in left thigh, testicular pain, dizziness and nausea. Pain radiates...
- Taking nexium and having stomach upset. How long should I take nexium?