question-icon

What causes frequent retching and throbbing headache during early pregnancy?

Posted on Fri, 22 Jul 2016
Question: While I don't have nausea, I have frequent retching. I'm also experiencing a throbbing headache since last evening lasting into today afternoon. Is the headache related to the morning sickness? And is it common to have retching, but no vomiting?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal (54 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
It is normal.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
In early months of pregnancy, it is normal to have retching, altered taste sensation, altered taste sensation instead of proper vomiting. Mild headache, feeling tired are also symptoms of pregnancy and can happen due to hormonal changes during pregnancy.
If you are pregnant then there is no need to worry. In case the headache is persistent then you can take acetaminophen after meals to have relief. In case the problem persists then do consult your gynecologist for proper prescription medicines.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN