What causes frequent headaches, nasal congestion and loss of appetite in children?
Forgot to mention that ten days ago he woke up with swollen gland on side of neck that subsided throughout the day. The swelling was substantial. At the time we thought it was his tonsils. Mentioned it to Doctor and was dismissed as " it is just a viral infection that needs to run its course". Does it take months?
Adenoid hypertrophy and Chronic Tonsillitis.
Thank you for your query.
1. The most common reasons for such symptoms are adenoid hypertrophy and chronic tonsillitis.
2. Get an X-ray Skull lateral view for adenoid hypertrophy done. A throat examination by an ENT specialist will help check for chronic tonsillitis. the neck swelling is usually the JD (Jugulo-Digastric) lymph node that drains the tonsil.
3. Sinusitis may co-exist. Other infections such as strep throat and infectious mononucleosis can be checked by throat swabs and blood tests. These will not last for so long.
4. Upload these test results for further discussion.
I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any more questions I will be available to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes sneezing and nasal congestion every morning
- What is the cause and treatment for nasal congestion
- Rebound nasal congestion causes
- Nasal congestion and loss of appetite
- Acute nasal congestion causes
- Nasal congestion causing tears
- Reflex nasal congestion causes
- Nasal congestion causes
- What causes sever nasal congestion
- Chronic nasal congestion causes