What causes frequent feeling of very sensitive scalp at crown of head?
Is there any thing to be concerned?
Different factors may cause scalp sensibility.
Hi, I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Factors that may contribute to scalp sensitivity include pollution, too frequently shampooing, psychological factors and skin conditions.
Skin conditions usually are accompanied by other features such pustules ( small blisters) and regional enlarged lymph nodes.
If there are not visible changes on your scalp, I think you have nothing to worry about.
You had migraines before and scalp sensitivity may be a "shadow" of past migraines or migraine postdrome.
Eucerin shampoo helps in some cases improve symptoms.
Hope this answers your question. If you have additional questions or follow up questions then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your questions.
Peripheral neuropathy displays other symptoms too.
Peripheral neuropathy is a conseguence of other conditions, not a disease per se.
It may cause scalp dysesthesia, but is accompanied by other symptoms too, in arms, legs and usually by symptoms of the underlying cause that may be Diabetes, autoimmune diseases, poisoning, neurologic diseases etc.
I don't think this is your case.
So, patients who experience scalp pain/dysesthesia from neuropathy, have other symptoms and diseases too.
Hope this helps. Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes an itchy scalp
- Cause of feeling heartbeat in scalp
- What cause dark scalp
- What causes indentations on the scalp
- What causes tingling on scalp
- What causes itch on scalp
- What causes spots on scalp
- What causes scalp psoriasis
- What causes a dry scalp
- What causes soreness in head and tingling in in scalp
- What causes tingling and pins and needle sensation on the left side of...
- What causes numbness in feet and ankles?
- What causes mouth spots and pit in forehead?
- What causes tingling feeling in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks, non functional rectum and memory loss
- What causes numbness in the right side of foot and leg?
- What causes burning sensation and tingling in hands and feet?
- What does my CT scan suggest?
- What causes shortness of breath in a patient with fibromyalgia?
- What causes severe muscle twitches at night in shoulders and arms?