What causes frequent dry heaves?
More assessment and investigations required.
Hi XXXXXXX ! Good morning. I am Dr Shareef answering your query.
Considering that there is no other medical problem like a Diabetes or Hypertension as there is no such mention in your history, I would even then go for a routine blood sugar, a kidney function test and a liver function test in addition to CBC and a blood pressure measurement in your case and consider treatment if any abnormality is picked up co-incidentally. If I were your family physician, I would also get you reviewed for getting your eyes checked up including a intra-ocular pressure measurement, elevation of which could give rise to such symptoms and which is not infrequently missed.
Over all of the above, nothing could replace a complete physical examination, and therefore I would definitely suggest you to get yourself clinically assessed first by your family physician.
I hope this information would help you in discussing with your family physician/treating doctor in further management of your problem. Please do not hesitate to ask in case of any further doubts.
Thanks for choosing health care magic to clear doubts on your health problems. Wishing you an early recovery. Dr Shareef.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes dry heaving early pregnancy
- What causes dry heaving in pregnancy
- What causes gagging or dry heaving
- What causes dry heaves while on dialysis
- What is the cause of vomiting and dry heaving
- Coughing causing dry heaves
- What is the cause for pressure that causes frequent urination
- What causes frequent sweating
- What causes dry heaving during pregnancy
- Child having dry heaving constipation what is the cause