What causes frequent dizziness in an elderly person?

Cardiologist
Question
I have been experiencing dizziness quite often. I am 76 years old and have an arrhythmia for which I have a pace maker and a defribilator . Can my heart ailment be the cause?
Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

I passed carefully through your question and would explain the dizziness does not seem to be related to the heart.

Chronic degeneration of the cervical vertebral column could lead to such complaints.

Do you experience neck pain as well? A cervical spine X ray study would help investigate for this disorder.

An inner ear disorder can not be excluded either. For this reason, consulting with an ENT specialist would help rule in/out this possibility.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri