What causes frequent diarrhea?
I want to consult dr p nagaraja XXXXXXX only.Subject: My mother is passing small frequent stools every 2 or 3 hours since first week of November 2015.her reports attached.
I beg your kind attention.
MY mother aged 80 years,was bed ridden from September,October and november 2015.because of back pain. (old back spine fracture) Constipation was problem then and .At the time she was given enema for every 15 days. From November 7th she was passing stools continuously per day 10 times to 15 times.Complains of pain in abdomen -she also suffering from piles problem. For piles complaint,, she is using proctosedyl ointment. For constipation problem she is using Cremafin syrup earlier not now.
she is high bp patient she is under medication for the last 10yrs for hyper tension she is taking medication metaxl-50mg, metaxl-25 mg Losar -50mg, supradyn, pan-d, atorfit cv 10mg. till now dt 21-jan-2016.
For the frequent stools problem,since january2016,My mother is currently using IBSET tablet and Immodium-together daily once without any improvement. Two of my sisters are nursing my mother and are tired of routines connected with frequent stools and service on bed as my mother has become very weak.
I humbly request you to forgive me for not personally meeting you to explain the matter as I dont have access-because patient,my mother is not able to move much and is at XXXXXXX
I request your kind give us medical action advice and medication for my mother to help her stop stools passing continuously and regain normal health as soon as possible and oblige.
I am extremely sorry if I made any mistakes in presenting the case of my mother.
our friend one Mr Dvs XXXXXXX was your patient who recovered well and is ever grateful to your help.
As he says,you are GOD,s Gift for suffering patients.you are our hope .
Sir,please help us by your guidance. my phone number is 0000 if required.
Awaiting your sympthetic attention.
you are our only hope in these hard times of my sick mother.
with best regards
Possible false diarrhoea. Need Colon Evacuation via enema.
I can understand your concerns.
I worked through your query and attached reports in detail.
The main problem with your mother is constipation. This is once again due to sedentary lifestyle owing to bed ridden state secondary to back/spine issue.
This constipation is causing the bowel loops particularly rectum and colon loaded with stool matter.Once overfilled, leakage of liquid stool is what you are perceiving as diarrhoea. This is not true diarrhoea, but a false diarrhoea.
All she requires now is bowel cleansing with enema to eliminate the stool matter.
She has to continue all the prescribed drugs as of now.
Her condition has to be specifically treated ONLY in a hospital setting, monitoring all vital parameters .
Home management is not advisable.
Her colon need a clearance at the earliest or else she can land up with infections soon or later.
Post your further queries if any.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Frequent diarrhea abdominal pain back pain what is wrong
- Child has low appetite vomiting at night frequent diarrhea cause
- Is it normal to have frequent diarrhea at 16 weeks pregnant
- Can vomiting and frequent diarrhea be treated with antibiotics alone
- Frequent diarrhea watery yellow
- What is the cure for frequent diarrhea
- Severe heart burn frequent diarrhea bloated what is this
- Couse of frequent diarrhea in infant
- Tenderness in abdomen with frequent diarrhea stone in kidney cure
- I am suffering from a frequent diarrhea
- What does this lipid profile test result indicate?
- What are the symptoms of mononucleosis?
- What causes constant diarrhoea while on Lithium?
- Is frequent defecation an effective method to pass THC detox test?
- How long should i take Nasonex and Montair LC for allergies?
- How to gain weight?
- What causes difficulty in losing weight along with numbness in hands and...
- What does cochran drug screening detect?
- What causes recurrent ulcers in mouth despite taking medication?
- Suggest treatment for complete ACL tear in knee