What causes frequent diarrhea after a meal?

Question
Hello, I often will have diarhea right after an occasional meal, within a half an hour. I had a small non-malaignant polyp removed on my last colonoscopy. They scheduled a recheck 10 years later which is coming up. I have no blood in stools and am 64 years old. What are my chances for this type of cancer. I have experienced this issue off and on for years.
Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Gastrocolic reflex

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Health care magic.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Let me assure that an urge to pass stool after meals can happen due to a phenomenon called gastrocolic reflex. Sometimesit may persist till adulthood.

I assume that the stool is semi solid when you say diarrhea. Please confirm and elaborate.

I do not suppose that there is a link with the prior polyp removal. You need not worry.

Feel free to write back.

Follow-up: What causes frequent diarrhea after a meal? 2 hours later
The diarhea can be very soft or watery to confirm

Brief Answer:
Get the stool tested

Detailed Answer:
It could be due to malabsorption. I would insist you to get a routine microscopy of stool dine. Please upload the report and I will guide you accordingly.

Bd sure to take ORS (Oral rehydration solution) to replenish the lost water and salts.