What causes frequent bowel movements with weight loss?
Need evaluation for weight loss
Thank you for the query. I understand your concern.
Well there is a need to look into your weight loss. Your other general profile reports look otherwise ok except for some low vitamin B 12 and Vitamin D. But they are unlikely to cause weight loss.
Worthwhile getting some tests like thyroid function test, sonography of abdomen and repeating two more stool routine tests.
Also if loose stools are severe or persistent, I will order for colonoscopy. Your gastroenterologist will know about it.
Good that you have stopped alcohol though after such a long time. You need to look into some anxiety component to your symptoms too. If anxiety exists, it should be treated as well. Some lifestyle modification will help you.
1) Eating on time
2) Taking adequate sleep
3) Regular walking
4) Avoiding sleep 2 hours after meals
5) Cutting down on stress and anxiety
Also consulting a gastroenterologist at Hinduja like Dr XXXXXXX desai, Dr P XXXXXXX Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX will help you.
All this will help you to control symptoms in long run.
Hope this answers your query.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
Happy to help.
Thank you for the query.
Thyroid reports are normal.
Possibly you have IBS, yes stress can worsen it.
No medications needed for liver as blood test are normal.
Control weight if you are overweight.
Thank you for the query.
IBS is not curable but it can be well controlled with medications and some times it may remain silent for years without medications too.
I am not sure of ayurvedic or homeopathic medications though we do not recommend them.
Hi Mr XXXXXXX
Sorry for delay in answering.
Well I cannot prescribe medications on web as it is incorrect as per protocol of this web site you need to see a gastroenterologist for same.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Twisted bowel cause frequent bowel movements
- Urine shows protein frequent bowel movements cause
- What causes frequent bowel movement after having food
- Anxiety and frequent bowel movements causes
- Does total hysterectomy cause frequent bowel movements
- What could be the cause for frequent bowel movements
- Ramipril causes frequent bowel movements
- What causes frequent bowel movements in infants
- What causes sticky stools and frequent bowel movements
- Weight loss loss of appetite nausea frequent bowel movements high monocytes