What causes frequent bowel movements after meals?

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Gastroenterologist, Surgical

Posted on Mon, 6 Mar 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I GO TO TOILET AFTER EVERY MEAL. CAUSES AND REMEDIES
Answered by Dr. Happykumar Kagathara 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
IBS (diarrhea type)

Detailed Answer:
1) Cause - Increased bowel movement due to irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), indigestion, higher content of fat in diet, allergy to specific food
2) Investigation - Routine blood report, stool routine and culture examination, USG abdomen, colonoscopy
4) remedy - Intestinal digestive enzyme supplementation (Tab Unienzyme), Treatment for acidity, Anti-diarrheal medication to reduce frequency of stool (Tab Loperamide) only if frequency more than 7-8/day, Anti-colic medication (Tab spasmoproxyvon) to control associated abdominal pain
5) Further plan - consultation with medical gastroenterologist for evaluation
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng