What causes frequent bowel movement, black stool and gastric problem?
I am getting motion 4 to 5 times per day motion is normal some times i am getting black stool in have gastric problem please help here.
It is not normal to get motion 4-5 times a day.
Welcome to Health Care Magic. Thank you for posting your query.
I can understand your concern.
It would have been great had I examined you on my own.
You are having black stool what we call as malena.
Just a few questions I need to ask.
1. For how long have you been getting black stool?
2. Are you of late on iron tablets or iron tonic - this often causes black stool
Black stool can be due to many reasons like ulcers in the colon , inflammatory bowel disease , haemarrhoids - to name a few. The frequent motion can too be attributed to any of these.
You need an urgent blood hemogram check and colonoscopy done to find out the cause of the bleeding.
I would suggest you to
- not worry
- Have a diet with loads of vegetables
- Avoid straining during stool
- Drink plenty of water , avoid dehydration
- Get an abdominal ultrasound done - it will help in the diagnosis
- Get a blood haemoglobin , blood group, Total count , ESR done - to check for the blood loss
- Get a colonoscopy done to look at the exact cause
- I would start tablet Pantoprazole on an empty stomach
- I would also start tablet Tranexamic acid to stop the blood loss
I again repeat, do not worry.
I would suggest you to visit a clinician. He/she can examine you and correlate clinically.
Hope this helps.
Write back to us.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drugs that cause black stools
- What causes black stool with stomach cramps
- What causes a meth addict have black stool
- What causes black stool after taking naporxen
- Kidney problems causing black stool
- Causes of black stools
- What causes black stool after running
- What causes black stools
- Blood in stool black stool sometimes what is the cause
- What is the cause for black stool when on trazadone