What causes frequent bouts of light-headedness?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 1 Aug 2015 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hi I am a 57 year old female that has recently been frequent bouts of lightedness. I am slightly overweight and have a high stress job. I sometimes feel lightheaded right after supper but more recently it has been happening during different times during the day. I am also noticing that my urine is yellow but has a strong smell. I am not sure if this is related. I am worried about the lightheadedness as I am leaving the country on Tuesday. What do you advise?
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need more information.

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I can understand your concerns.
There are many causes of light headache but before giving my opinion about it, I want to ask a few questions from you.
Are you diabetic, hypertensive or suffering from any disease?
Taking any treatment?
About your period cycle in detail?
Have you done any investigation?
Any other associated symptoms?
For how long it is there?
Yellow color urine associated with any other symptoms like pain, burning, frequency etc.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Good luck.
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 31 hours later
I am not diabetic, hypertensive or suffering from any disease. I have had 3 kidney infections this year.
I am not taking any treatment. I have not had a period in three years. This is a very recent set of symptoms. I have been experiencing light headness (after supper - only for a few weeks intermittently). The last week this feeling has increased and happens during the day.
The yellow urine is not associated with any other symptoms. I am not experiencing the lower back pain that usually comes before I head to the doctor for investigation of a kidney infection.
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need information about kidney infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am,
As you are not having period for last 3 years means you are already achieved menopause.
As you said you are having kidney infection please give more information about it.
Are you having increased serum area and creatinine level or it is only urine infection?
Cause of renal infection?
Why are you not taking any treatment for it?
Are you having low blood pressure during light headachness?
Yellow color urine occur since you have kidney infection?
Have you done your liver function tests for yellow color urine.
Hope to hear from you soon.