What causes frequent belching in a child?

Excellent

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Question
my daughter 6 years old belching / burping frequently from morning. what could be reason and how it can be stopped.
Wed, 16 May 2018 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Arun 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could be gastritis or indigestion

Detailed Answer:
Hi
THANKS FOR WRITING TO US.
BASED ON YOUR DESCRIPTION I WOULD LIKE TO SUUGEST TWO POSSIBILITIES:
1. Indigestion - This can happen if she had eaten oily food or hotel or bakery foods the previous day. This is temporary and will settle with soft bland foods. Avoid spicy oily stuff. Make her drink lot of water to keep her hydrated.
Let her eat in small quantities.
2. Gastritis due to water or food. I usually prescribe sucralfate syrup 5ml twice daily to decrease belching for such patients in my clinic.

If she develops vomiting, fever, loose stools severe stomach pain, then it could be infective causes for which you need to consult your pediatrician.
Dr Arun

Follow-up: What causes frequent belching in a child? 10 minutes later
Thanks doctor

Answered by Dr. Arun 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome
Dr Arun